May 4, 2019:
The 27th Annual ASCVPR conference was held at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale and we had a great time hearing the speakers, visiting with the vendors, networking with other Cardiac and Pulmonary Professionals from throughout Arizona and even New Mexico! Since our event was on 'Star Wars Day' (May the 4th be with you....) We had a Star Wars theme going on! Click through the pages to see some of the highlights! We also held elections for several new board members for 2019-2020! We look forward to a great year ahead!
Holly Grenier Bright and Janelle McCloskey were ASCVPR's delegates to the 'Day on the Hill' in Washington, DC. They joined delegates from across the country to meet with legislators and advocated for the improvement of cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services. Awesome job - thanks for your dedication to advocating for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab locally, statewide, and nationally!
January 26, 2019:
We had 40 attendees from all over Arizona at our ASCVPR Winter Meeting held at Banner Heart Hospital in Mesa, AZ.
- Our first speakers discussed the advantages of belonging to the AACVPR Registry.
- How belonging to the Registry helps with tracking outcomes and bench-marking the facility with other organizations across the country.
- Another topic on the agenda was ITPs.
- We also continued with our round table discussion among several Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab programs across Arizona. We all learned new ideas and got a chance to network with others in our field.
- Attending these meetings is a great way to earn CE's for continuing education and help improve your practice!
October 27, 2018:
We had a great turn out at our ASCVPR Fall Meeting held at HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Campus in Scottsdale, AZ.
- We had a round table discussion among several Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab programs across Arizona. We all learned new ideas and got a chance to network with others in our field.
- Several board members who recently attended the 2018 AACVPR Conference in Kentucky presented info that they learned.
August 4, 2018:
A few pictures from our ASCVPR Summer Meeting held at the Yavapai Regional Medical Center Wellness Center in Prescott AZ.
- Cheryl Vandemark, PT, MA presentation was entitled: 'Facilitating Healing in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Patients Experiencing Chest Pain.'
- The title of Ruben Garcia's presentation was 'Leveraging Twitter to Stay Current.'